Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bento #4


I first had this when eating over at my in-laws. They always have really special sauces/marinades/spices that we get to try when we go over for dinner. I thought it was yummy--but Bugga thought it was AMAZING. He cleaned his chicken leg to the bone and demanded more! So, when I found it on the shelf at the local health food store, I got some.

The instructions I got from the chef was to put chicken into a plastic bag and massage the spices into the meat over the course of a few days. I didn't do that this time, but that's what I would do if I had the time.

Instead I just rubbed it all over some defrosted chicken and cooked it right away. You could also add salt

Now my kiddo is no good at eating party wings--too little meat and too many bones--so I took the meat off the bone for this bento. I added rice, a bottle of coconut aminos, a freshly scrambled egg, and a little line of furikake to finish up.

For my husband I packed a boiled egg, curry, extra curry spice, and rice. He likes things simple!




My husband will be gone for two meals so I also made him a sandwich, washed a fresh apple, and packed 1/4 cup of Oregon Trail Mix. What a lucky guy, huh?


Phew! My work is done! Until tomorrow, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment