Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bento #5

Sorry it's been a while. I could not find the camera OR the cord!!


My husband has gotten his own bento box, which is nice. It has been hard packing his lunch and dinner for college, this makes things much easier! 

You can see that Bugga has gotten a sort of unimaginative bento because I am still getting the hang of Brian's bentos. After I made Brian's orange curry chicken I simply threw some eggs in and scrambled them. I quickly pressed some onigiri and topped it with fig butter for Bugga after scooping rice into Brian's box. Bugga's bento was sort of an afterthought!

Here I packed Brian a PB&J sandwich with half an apple for lunch. There is Pacific Blend Trail Mix for a snack. For dinner there is rice and orange curry chicken. For dessert I made sweet potatoes with honey, cinnamon, cloves, and brown sugar. I'm so jealous I may get a box for me so I can eat too!

Here's are a few recipes I made up for Brian's bento this week. They all need 1/4 cup chicken to start with. I have drumettes, so I bake the drumettes for an hour and then pull off the meat. Any kind of meat would probably do: even beef or pork. Cook the chicken and then add it to a pan with the additional ingredients. Saute over medium heat until the liquids have turned into a syrup and then put directly into the bento. Everything here is gluten free.

ORANGE CURRY
2 tablespoons juice from a can of mandarin oranges
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
3-4 mandarin orange pieces

HONEY ORANGE
2 tablespoons juice from a can of mandarin oranges
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
3-4 mandarin orange pieces

SIMPLE CURRY
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon water (to help mix up the ingredients, this will burn off)

SWEET TERIYAKI
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar or honey
1 teaspoon water (to help mix up the ingredients, this will burn off)
1 pinch salt

No comments:

Post a Comment