- 8-10 roma tomatoes, or whatever amount of tomatoes you can get for cheap, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped OR 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 or 2 boxes broth (or make your own bone broth)
- salt + pepper, 1 teaspoon each
- olive oil
- In your stockpot, get 2 tablespoons olive oil hot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper Saute until onion begins to become translucent.
- Add tomato and basil, saute for another 5 minutes.
- Cover with broth. Bring to a boil, cover, then simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Put a colander over a big bowl and pour soup into it, then puree the solid parts.
- Add puree and leftover broth together and stir until combined.
- Can and freeze.